You are essentially creating a unique URL within the same page when you use this tag.
How to Disable Anchor Tag in HTML with example
For disabling the anchor tag in the HTML, you need to follow these simple steps.
1. Open the Page’s HTML source file in text editor.
2. Locate the link you want to disable.
3. Move your cursor inside the double quotation marks in the ‘href’ section of anchor tag.
‘ Or ‘
1. First, use the HTML attribute in an anchor tag
2. For Disabling the click and add ‘disabled=’disabled’
3. This adds an instruction to anchor tag to prevent the clicking to link
<title>How to Disable Anchor Tag using HTML</title>
<a href=’http://technofizi.net’ disabled=’disabled’>Click Here</a>
NOTE* – It’s not supported by all the browsers but only supported by old browsers (Default – Internet Explorer)
How to Disable Anchor Tag in CSS
1. For disabling first use the CSS style ‘pointer-events’ to none
2. But the Mobile cursor will change as there is a link
3. To prevent this, Set the ‘cursor-default’
4. That’s it, Done
<title>How to Disable Anchor Tag using CSS</title>
<a href=”http://technofizi.net” class=”not-active”>Link</a>
2. Add this event to anchor tag which you want to disable & add ‘return false’ value
3. Add this ‘return false’ value after the ‘onclick’ value
<a onclick=”return false” href=”http://technofizi.net/” />TechnoFiZi</a>