As you landed on this page, then you must be interested in jailbreak your iPhone. Recently many developers released the iOS 10 jailbreak, and now it’s time for your action. You must have some doubt and question about the Pro and cons of jailbreaking an iPhone. I will clear that all in this post. Besides that, you will get a full step guide to jailbreak iOS 10.2 iPhone easily.
Benefits of Jailbreaking
It’s a very common question that every user ask Why to Jailbreak iPhone?. Being an iPhone user, you must have seen lots of restriction that Apple has put in it’s OS that does not allow you to have full control over your device. Complete control means you can customize it whatever way you want, but all the risk associated with it will be yours. Let’s discuss the main benefit associated with Jailbreak.
- Install Apps Outside App Store: This is one of the main reason that people Jailbreak. Apple does not allow you to install apps that are not available on iTunes app store. And most of the apps in App store have some fees; you need to buy them. But many private app stores provides these apps for free. You will find lots of tweaks app for premium services. Besides that, there are lots of amazing apps that are not available on Apple marketplace that you can download from the internet.
- Customization: With a Jailbreak iPhone, you have full control over your device. You can now customize it in your manner. Like beside custom themes and default apps there are lots of themes and icons are available on Cydia. You can use them to customize your device look.
- Change Carrier or Cellular Network: After you Jailbreak you can Unlock your device to use another carrier that supports your device. Companys like T-Mobile, At&T proves iPhone with contract, and they lock it, so you can only use their carrier. But after you unlock you can use any GSM SIM in your phone.
There are many other advantages of Jailbreaking, but I have covered only the major ones.
Cons of Jailbreaking
As I already told already, there are many risks in Jailbreaking, and it is unofficial. Apple does not allow Jailbreak.
- Warranty Void: As soon you Jailbreak your iPhone, you lose your device warranty. If anything goes wrong, Apple Customer support will not help you. But you can use un-jailbreak before taking your device to Apple customer service.
- Security Issues: There are lots of security matters after you Jailbreak. Like when we download files or apps from unknown source, most of the files are not verified. They may contain some virus or malware that can threaten your security. But to prevent that you can use Antivirus apps for iPhone.
- Update Problem: If you have a Jailbreak device, you can’t update it with any new official update. As jailbreak apps usually do not supports the new versions. So if you update it can give you great loss in any form. You need to wait for the new Jailbreak update.
These are some major disadvantage of Jailbreak that you can face, but every problem has some solution. If you want some extra benefit, you have to take some risk.
2 Easy Methods to Jailbreak iOS 10
There are two methods to jailbreak iOS 10.2; one is semi jailbreak which allows you to run some simple Cydia apps. Another is full Jailbreak with Pangu method.
1. Semi Jailbreak iOS 10.2/10.2.1 (Work for iPhone 7 Also)
This approach is compatible with all the devices running iOs 10.2 or 10.2.1. If you have any low version of iOS, you can upgrade. It is the easiest method to Jailbreak your iPhone. But this is semi jailbreak you will not get full control. If you just want to install the Cydia, then you can use this process, though it does not allow you to run some Cydia tweaks and apps.
Note: Before starting this process you should backup your data to prevent loss.
Process to SemiJailbreak iOS 10.2/10.2.1
- Open Safari in your device browser and type this URL: http://pangu8.com/jailbreak/10.2
- Now tap on the Jailbreak Button on the page. It will verify whether your device is compatible (running iOS 10.2 or iOS 10.2.1) or not.
- Then tap on I agree to Continue button.
- Then it will start its process of Jailbreaking your device; a black screen will appear with some codes.
- Now it will take you to Installation of Semi Jailbreak application. You have to provide your security codes to complete the installation.
You have successfully installed the Semijailbreak app on your iOS device. Now you ca enjoy its benefits. For full jailbreak, you can follow the below method.
SemiJailbreak is safe and can be deleted easily. Just follow the second Method to remove semi jailbreak from your phone.
- Just Remove the Semi Jailbreak app from your phone. Go to Settings>>General>>Profile and remove the app.
- Now Go to Settings >> Reset and Then Reset all settings.
- Now just restart your device.
You have successfully removed the Semi Jailbreak from your iOS device.
2. Yalu Jailbreak for iOS 10.2, 10.2.1 (Pangu Jailbreak)
This Jailbreak is released by the famous hacker Luca Todesco. This is the first method to Jailbreak iOS 10.2. But it has some limitations, it is not compatibele with all the devices.
- iPhone 5s /iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 6s Plus / iPhone 6s / iPhone SE
- iPod Touch 6G
- iPad Mini 2 / iPad Mini 3
- iPad Air /iPad Air 2 /iPad Pro /
- This Jailbreak is not available for iPhone 7, 7Plus and other devices not mentioned above. You can use SemiJailbreak method for iPhone 7.
- This Jailbreak will work for the above mentioned device running iOS 10.2 only.
Downloads and Requirements
- Download Yalu 102 IPA
- Download Cydia Impactor according to your computer OS.
- Download Latest iTunes.
Before you start the jailbreaking process, there are some advice and pre-requirements.
- Backup Your Device: You should backup your device to prevent any data loss.
- Turn Off Find My iPhone: Go to your device Settings>>IClouD and Turn Off Find my iPhone button. You can turn on after you complete the Jailbreak process.
- Turn OFF Touch ID and Passcode: Go to your device Settings>> Touch ID & Passcode and Turn Passcode OFF.
How to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 Step by Step Guide
So let’s start with the real process of iOS 10.2 Jailbreak. Make sure you have done the above pre-process steps.
- Connect Your Device to your Computer via USB cable.
- Now Run the Cydia Impactor tool that you have downloaded earlier.
- You can select your iPhone from the list. Then you need to choose the Yalu102 IPA file. You can drag and drop it to Cydia Impactor tool.
- Now Press the Start button, it will ask for your Apple ID and Password. Just enter the credential in the dialog box that appears.
- Now you have to wait for some time, while its signs in Yalu IPA. You will find a Yalu102 app on your device home screen.
- Now you have to verify the trust for Yalu 102 app. Go to Settings>>General>>Device Management. Tap on your Apple Id and tap on Trust.
- Now from your Home Screen Run the Yalu102 app. And then tap on Go button.
- Now your device will restart, and you will find a Cydia app on your home screen. That means you have successfully jailbreak iOS 10.2 on your device. If you don’t find the Cydia app then again launch the Yalu102.
So now you have a Jailbroken device, and Cydia is also installed. You can download various Cydia tweaks and apps for iOS 10. There are different apps available on Cydia store you can also download them.
Now you have a Jailbreaked device with Cydia installed. You can download any jailbreak app, unlock your phone and much more. But just keep in mind about your device safety. Check the source twice before downloading any app. And keep the antivirus install on your device.
Though the method of iOS 10 jailbreak is very easy if still, you have any doubt. You can post it in a comment. I will try to solve it. Also, I will keep on updating you with the latest Jailbreak methods.