Mobile technology is the increasing at a rapid pace. Every year new innovations are being presented to the consumers. Now more emphasis is being put on the security of the mobile devices. Features like fingerprint sensor and face unlock enable the user to keep the privacy intact.
Face recognition allows the user to unlock the phone without entering any password or pattern or touching the fingerprint sensor. It is an excellent feature that adds to the user experience. iPhone X has the facial recognition that also works in the dark. The latest Android version also has the essential features to enable facial recognition. One Plus has already released face unlock feature on OnePlus 5T .
Most of the latest devices have the face unlock feature enabled but many older handsets do not have this feature. The recently released Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro is equipped with this. Many folks who are using its earlier version the Redmi Note 4 miss this amazing feature.
Face Unlock Feature on Redmi Note 4 – Complete Guide
However, there is a trick that can be used to get Redmi Note 5 Pro face unlock to Note 4 and other Mi phones. XDA developers team works on finding various mobile software tricks and software solutions. They have come up with the solution to implement the face unlock on Redmi Note 4 and other MI devices.
If you do not have MiUi 9 stable (126.96.36.199), then go to settings> software updates and update the phone software to the latest available version.
Many of you might not have the TWRP recovery installed on your mi smartphone. It is necessary to install it to add different mods to the phone. Here is the step by step guide to install TWRP recovery on your phone.
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 4
The procedure described here will be same for all the Xiaomi devices.
- First, make sure that your phone has Xiaomi account logged in
- Go to the unlock MI device and Click on Unlock Now
- It will take you to the sign in page. Log in with the same credential that you use on your phone.
- Fill the form and the details on why you want to unlock your device. Click on Apply Now.
- It will take around 10 days for the confirmation from Xiaomi to unlock your phone.
- Once approves you will get a message on your phone with a link to the unlock tool. If you do not get the message then you can download Mi Unlock Tool here. After downloading, extract it on your computer.
- Before unlocking the bootloader back the mobile data by going to settings> Additional Settings > Backup & Reset > Local Backup
- Go back and enable the developer the developer mode of your phone by going to about phone and continuously tapping on MiUi Version until you see the message “You are now a developer!”
- Now Again go to the additional settings> Developer Options and make sure you turn on the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging Click on OK.
- Turn off your phone and start the phone in Fastboot mode by holding the Power button and Volume Down Key until you see the MI logo on the screen.
- Now connect the phone to the computer using a USB Cable.
- Start MiFlashUnlock tool by right click and click on run as administrator.
- Log in with your Mi account and click Unlock. It will complete in under a minute, now click on Reboot Phone.
- After the phone reboots, Go to settings> Addtional Settings> Developer Options, Here you will see Mi Unlock Status to Unlocked
A common error you may face while unlocking the bootloader is that the phone unlock stuck at 50% or 90% or you get an error “Couldn’t Verify Device”. It may be due to the Unlock request has not been processed yet or it has been denied.
Wait for a few days and then try again to unlock your device. This error will go away.
Install TWRP Recovery and Root Access on Mi Device
A TWRP Recovery is a necessary tool if you want to install the custom ROM or explore additional options on Android. To install it on your MI phone follow the steps given below.
1. Download the TWRP Recovery File by Clicking Here.
2. Now download SuperSU and Lazyflasher from the link given.
3. Copy the files to your phone internal storage or SD Card.
4. Power off the phone and start it by Holding the Volume Down and Power Key until you see the Mi logo on the screen to go to the fastboot mode.
5. Connect the Mi phone to PC with the help of USB Cable
6. Download ADB File that will enable you to install TWRP recovery from PC.
7. Extract the ADB files in a folder on your PC, Copy and paste the TWRP Recovery file in this folder.
8. Open Command Prompt in the folder where you extracted ADB files. To do this hold Shift Key and Right Click then click on Open
9. In the command window type fastboot devices press Enter
10. Your phone will be listed here
11. Now type fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-mido.img and press enter
12. Now Remove the USB Cable and hold the volume up and Power key for 3 seconds, it will boot into the TWRP recovery mode.
13. Allow modifications in TWRP mode and now click on Install and browse the internal storage where you pasted the SuperSU file and the SuperSU file and Lazyflasher file.
14. Click on SuperSU and Swipe to confirm flash
15. Go back and flash the lazyflasher similarly
16. Click on Reboot System and then Do Not Install.
That’s it, after reboot you can download the Root Checker app from the Playstore to see that your Mi phone has been rooted.
Enable Face Unlock On Redmi Note 4 and Other Mi Devices
After you rooted you Mi phone and installed the TWRP recovery by following the steps above, you can now install a small mod that will enable face unlock feature on your phone.
Download the FaceID mod from the link given below and place it in the phone storage.
- To install it, first switch off your phone and power it on by holding the power key and volume up key for three seconds
- Click on Install and go to the folder where you copied the FaceID zip file
- Click on the file and swipe to flash.
- Reboot your phone
That’s all you need to do. Now you can start the FaceUnlock by going to Settings > Lock Screen and Password. Here you will find the Face Unlock Option Under Manage Face Data.
Face Unlock is a convenient method to unlock your phone and it is faster from the other available method also. For more such tips and tricks stay connected to TechnoFizi. You can use above method to flash any other app too. In case you are getting any error or stuck somewhere, let us know in the comment section below.