MacX DVD Ripper Pro comes from a software company specialized media software solutions called Digiarty. Digiarty has a reputation in the software industry for its award-winning DVD backup software MacXDVD.
MacX DVD Ripper Pro is the software for Mac users willing to rip their DVDs to any format in just a few minutes. It is a fast ripper and takes up to 5 minutes to rip a full DVD without compromising to the quality. It is a versatile software supporting all the known DVDs (latest ones, old DVDs, damaged or unplayable DVD) and rips them into all known formats from DVD to MP4, HEVC/H.265, H.264, MOV, FLV, MPEG4, AVI, QT, MP3, etc.
With more than 300 preset profiles, conversion to your desired format is just a click away. Using it very straightforward to convert your DVDs for playing in on your favorite devices. It also lets you clone your DVDs to ISOs or MPEG2 and MKV with all audio, video and subtitles.
The user interface of MacX DVD Ripper Pro is quite neat and well laid out. The interface is easy to use with all the functions are right there on the screen. It has subtle silver and grey color with a transparent menu system at the top of the screen.
It shows all the options and checks every needful feature of a ripper. Apart from that, one thing you will find different on this software, while the ripping is active, you can not move the overlay to see the information, i.e., you can not check the options you choose before the process started. You need to wait until the process gets completed and correct your choices rather than aborting the ripping.
MacX DVD Ripper Pro comes with some impressive set of features which include:
- Converting a DVD to a media file format playable on your Smartphones, Tablets, TVs and more. The files can be ripped to AVI, AVC, WMV, MPEG, MOV, etc.
- Rip DVD to a product specific format playable on Android, Microsoft, Apple and Sony Devices, so users do not have any issues in viewing your favorite content on their favorite devices.
- Trim, Merge, Crop or Add External subtitles – You can trim, crop and merge video clips from DVDs to remove any ads or trailer. It also lets you crop the frame size to adjust the unwanted borders. Another great thing is you can also hardcode subtitles of your preferred language to the video. You can also merge multiple video/movie titles in a single file.
- 1:1 Copy DVD to ISO Image, MKV, MPEG2 – You can copy or backup your DVD retaining the original sound quality on Mac systems with lossless output quality and sound.
Other functions you can perform with this ripping software:
- Backing up DVDs to file(ISO or media file)
- Cloning your DVDs to another disk
- Cloning your DVDs to a folder
- Option to select the number of cores used for the processing of the video
- Option to shut down your PC when the DVD rip is complete
- Converting the DVDs
While testing a DVD conversion, to convert a 2 hours movie to video, it took less than 20 minutes. During the process, my system was fully functional without any performance issues.
Quality of Video Output:
The best thing about using MacX DVD Ripper Pro is that it doesn’t compromise with the Audio/Video quality of the media file. After the conversion, I opened the file on the VLC media player, and it was no different from playing the original DVD.
I did not make any difference in the sound or video quality on playing both the video side by side.
How to Use MacX DVD Ripper Pro?
>> Using the Mac DVD Ripper is very easy as all of its functions are there on the main screen. You can either drag and drop the DVD video or load the file on it.
>> Later choose the output file format and devices. The destination folder is selected by default but if you wish to change it, you can. Moreover, click on RUN to begin the ripping.
>> Within minutes the process with be completed depending on the size of the file and you can now watch the DVD like audio/video in multiple formats and devices.
MacX DVD Ripper Pro for Mac delivers in its promises, as it is straightforward to use and the output quality is excellent. It can even rip the damaged DVDs and still maintain to retain the similar sound and video quality.
It is an excellent solution for backing up your old DVDs to MP4 or other formats and storing them into your hard drives. This software can be used by anyone with a little knowledge of software and computer; even our grandparents can quickly learn to use the MacX DVD Ripper Pro.
While writing the review, the software was available for $39.95 which I think is a reasonable price for using it as a backup solution for your DVDs. (if you have lots of DVDs, this software can sure be handy)