The MIUI 10 launch was announced at a dazzling event in Beijing, held by Hong Feng, co-founder, and VP of Xiaomi. He has also reported that Xiaomi R&D Team’s primary focus for MIUI 10 developers will be Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning. Furthermore, MIUI 10 is claimed to be smarter than being faster where MIUI 9 already relies on.
What to expect on MIUI 10?
When most of the leading smartphone companies are busy in developing Android P for their respective devices. Here, Xiaomi has launched their MIUI 10 based on Android Oreo. We all know, Xiaomi is Chinese tech giant company but always lacks in their software updates.
However, it is good news to know that Xiaomis’ team has already started working on its development and may soon hit the markets. However, there is no confirmed news regarding its availability in the market but is expected to arrive in early Q3 of 2018.
Expected MIUI 10 (Android 8.0 Oreo) Features:
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode
- Google Play Protect
- System UI Tuner
- Autofill and Smart Text selection
- Better Animations
- Adaptive icons, and more.
These are the features reported to be different than currently running Android Nougat on MIUI 9. Although most of the Android users with Android Oreo running on their devices may have already experienced the features as mentioned above or soon will when their phones get upgraded to Android Oreo.
Eligible Devices for MIUI 10 based on Android Oreo:
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2, MI MIX, upcoming Mi MIX 2S
- Xiaomi Mi 6, Mi 5S Plus, Mi 5S, Mi 5, Mi 5X, Mi 4S, Mi 4C, Mi 4, Mi 3
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3, Mi Note 2
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2, Mi Max Prime, Mi Max,
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 3 Pro/Prime, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 4G Prime, Redmi Note 5/5 Pro,
- Xiaomi Redmi 5, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi 5A, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi 4, Redmi 4X, Redmi 4 Prime, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Redmi Pro, Redmi 3S Prime, Redmi 3S, Redmi 3, Redmi 3X
- Mi Pad 3, Mi Pad 2, Mi Pad
This the complete list of smartphones reported being eligible for the Android upgrade by Xiaomi. However, the left out devices are however said to receive MIUI 9 very soon if not received yet.
Estimated Release Date:
It is expected to launch somewhere between July or August and OTA rollout from November 2018.
It is also reported that with this upgrade to Oreo, most of the Xiaomi devices will be compatible to be a part of Project Treble. With which the devices will likely to receive global updates ASAP in the market. Google is reported to provide a stock version to all the companies, and their developers will only need to work on their individual/unique custom themes.
Features in MIUI 9 (Android 7.0/7.1 Nougat):
We have also listed the features Xiaomi has brought to their devices running on MIUI 9 and thus quickly gives you an idea what changes you may see in future with MIUI 10.
- Faster app load times
- New design elements
- New Gallery App
- Calendar Cards
- New Mi Explorer
- Mi Drop
- Mi Mover
- Lock screen shortcuts
- Split-screen feature,
- New emoji
- Revamped notifications
- Notification dots
- New setting menu
- Better battery life
- App Vault
- Advanced Gallery Editor
- Mi Video app and more.
Currently, MIUI 9 is the fastest custom Android OS by Xiaomi. Xiaomi has removed more than 50 functions not much used by the users to make ROM lighter and fastest.
You can check out the complete changelog in MIUI 9 here:
These are the changes brought or optimized on the MIUI 9 than the previous MIUI 8.
- Mi Mover supports data migration. While migrating data to your new phone, device hotspot will be used automatically in case of any interruption. *New*
- Arranged the UI in order. *New*
- You can now hide free and incompatible themes from the purchased items list. *Optimized*
- Distance sensor dynamic calibration function introduced, to ensure that black screen performs precisely. *New*
- WPA2 security vulnerabilities. *Fixed*
- Adaptability issues for some third-party software(s) on the full-screen devices. *Fixed*
- The effect to ringer volume due to vibration when the phone is lifted or flipped to silent. *Optimized*
- App lock now supports hiding messages from selected apps. *New*
- Simplified UI. *New*
- Nougat based Lock screen, Status Bar, Notification Bar. *New*
- Display effect when the virtual navigation button while using light-colored wallpaper. *Optimized*
- Multiple themes now support the clock widget. *Optimized*
- Moving app icons into a folder is now more comfortable. *Optimized*
- Erase lines and unwanted objects while editing photos with erase tool. *New*
- Images were getting compressed multiple times after editing. *Fixed*
- Mi Mover can now migrate all apps to the new phone. *Fixed*
- The number of push notifications when the user is signed out is now reduced. *Fixed*
- Game boost Mode for better performance. *New*
- Set default dual app for faster usage for Facebook, Instagram, and more. *New*
Mi Wallet (Only available in China):
- Credit card transaction using MiPay on POS machines. *Fixed*
Wrapping it Up
These are the everything our team has worked hard to find out related to latest features to be expected in MIUI 10 which is expected to hit the market very soon. Also, we have mentioned a detailed changelog we saw in MIUI 9 than its predecessor MIUI 8. The MIUI 10 is in development to make it smarter rather than faster similar to other companies which are working hard on implementing AI and machine learning on their latest flagships.
However, do tell us which feature are you expecting or want to see in the coming update in the comment section below. (Xiaomi may read it too). Also if you liked our effort to bring out to the latest changes and reviews related to tech. Do share it with your friends and family.
Thanks for Reading. Adios.