Wondershare is an established name in developing softwares for Mac and now has Filmora, a video editing tool for Windows and macOS. This application offers all the essential video editing tools like trimming, transitions, overlays and some excellent effects to make you look stunning. However, don’t expect more advanced features you may find in other vigorous Video Editing softwares. However, Filmora Video editing software can do the job for you if you can edit your video using the available features and functionality.
Wondershare Filmora is one of the results of developers bringing out the all-in-one software packages for customers. Wondershare, a Chinese company with an extensive range catalog featuring creative softwares especially for Apple users. Moreover, it is also a versatile alternative to the classic iMovie but the refinement like the Apple Software.
Filmora Video Editor has the bright interface and multiple editing modes including one dedicated to Action Camera Video Editing. The start-up page shows you Full Feature Mode, Easy Mode, Instant Cutter and Action Camera Tool to get your hands on these modes with the dedicated set of features and functionality. You can also choose to set project’s aspect ratio while you plan to create a new movie project using Filmora.
Wondershare Filmora Review
So before we start the software review and tell you more about the software and its usability in Video Editing. We have created a list of features, the latest version of Woindershare Filmora Video Editor comes with which can help you choose the best software for you.
So have a look at the list to get a better idea of the software.
List of Wondershare Filmora Features
> Basic Editing Tools
- 4K Editing Support: Edit and export videos at resolutions of up to 4K.
- GIF Support: Import, edit, and export.GIF files.
- Noise Removal: Remove unwanted background noise easily.
- Reverse: Flip your clips and play them backward.
- Social Import: Import photos and clips directly from Facebook or other social media platforms.
- Precision Speed Control: Make your clips up to 100 times faster or slower. Perfect for time lapses.
- Frame by Frame Preview: Jump through your audio and video tracks one frame at a time for precise editing.
- Color Tuning: Adjust the white balance and dynamic range of your clips.
- Pan and Zoom: Add panning and zooming movements to still footage.
- 1:1 & Portrait Support: Edit videos with aspect ratios of 1:1 (square) or 9:16 (portrait) with no black frame.
- More Music & Text Layers: Add up to 5 text tracks and 10 music tracks to your timeline.
- Camera Shake: Choose from a variety of camera shake effects and apply them quickly.
> The Advanced Tools
- in Picture (PIP): Layer multiple video clips using the Picture in Picture track.
- Audio Mixer: Adjust the audio of each track on your timeline.
- Advanced Text Editing: Edit the color, size, font, and even animation of your text and titles.
- Green Screen: Change your background and create special effects using the Chroma Key (Green Screen) tool.
- Screen Recording: Easily record the screen of your computer and webcam.
- Split Screen: Play two or more clips simultaneously.
- 3D Lut: Choose from a selection of color grading presets inspired by ten movies.
- Video Stabilization: Eliminate the effects of camera shake.
- Tilt Shift: Draw focus to one part of a clip by strategically blurring the rest.
- Audio Separation: Detach your audio from your video clip and edit it separately.
- Scene Detection: Have Filmora scan your clips for scene changes to save yourself time.
- Audio Equalizer: Fine-tune your music and audio tracks.
- PIP Blend Modes: Blend your PIP image with your main video track in creative ways.
- Background Blurs: Replace the black bars surrounding your video with blurry images.
- Auto Crop/Resize: Automatically crop or resize photos to fit the aspect ratio of your video project.
The software has the storyboard view; you can drop the media file into the filmstrip image and then can add necessary transitions and other necessary embellishments to it quickly and favorite compile a video. If you wish to make any picture or sound improvements, you can double-click on the clip and an inspector panel just up with the settings including brightness, contrast, hue, saturation or rotation and many more.
Using Filmora is simple to use and best for beginners, it is a more refined editing experience with multiple presets in the timeline view with the more traditional interface at the bottom of the window with separate tracks for video, music, photos, titles, and effects. Now, simply drag and drop to rearrange, trim or split clips and even add a voiceover to it without leaving the application.
At the right, you will see a quarter of the screen to preview the media file being edited, with the options to take a still image or play the video in full-screen mode. To the left, a media browser with the list of built-in effects, styles, filters, royal-free songs (music), more and also acts as a depository for imported clips.
As listed above, Filmora has some great set of features you generally in high-end softwares like chroma-key, PIP mode, and tilt-shift. With that, the software includes 50 plus transitions, motion effects and more than 80 pro-level effects for video editors.
Apart from providing excellent features, Filmora is very format-agnostic too and supports multiple file formats like FLV, AVI, MKV, WMV, GIF and more for both import and export other than the most common MOV and MP4 files. Not just the videos, the video editing tool also supports still images and can be edited by adding music to it.
Filmora is a complete package with a variety of formats available to export as for viewing on iOS devices, Android or Apple TV or even gaming consoles. You can also choose to directly upload your final video to YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo using dozens of menu templates.
Although Filmora has many excellent features but is nowhere comparable to consumer-based video editing software like Adobe Premier or FinalCut Pro. Also, exporting finished media takes a while and we recommend you using a trial version before you invest.
However, Filmora fill the right gap between the softwares with limited features and support with its set of amazing features. The software is best for beginners and for creating a home, daily or common videos with a good level of presentation.