Best 17-inch Laptop in 2k17 - Editors pick
We live in a world where tablets and smartphones are covering major tech industry, even smartwatches are too common these days. But throughout all these inventions, we still need laptops for a good reason. There are still most of the tasks like sending bunch of mails, editing photos or composing documents where laptop is practically an ideal option. No we are not considering those yesteryear Laptops which weighed more than 7 pounds and lasted only for 2 hours away from an outlet. However, present generation laptops are sleek, lightweight (in comp)powerful and has enough juice to get most of task done. But the sub 17-inch laptops are not for everyone, one only goes for it if either you are a gamer or you like everything the "grand-way" or else when someone daily carries your laptop bag. So, we are here with a 17-inch laptop buying guide to help you buy the best one from all.
Best Gaming Choice
Razer Blade Pro
Razer well known for "High-quality gaming" for gamers, and with that being said Razer deserves all the appreciation for claiming a breakthrough in the gaming industry. The Blade Pro by Razer is no different as it delivers power-pack gaming experience independent of any quality gaming. This Blade Pro comes with everything a gaming laptop/PC ever had with that it is also VR ready for Virtual World gaming experience like never before. Also, it has a 4K screen to deliver the amazing picture quality and high performnace.
Best Overall Choice
Gigabyte has a key role in the gaming industry since long, majorly in manufacturing 3rd Party Graphics Card. Gigabyte has also been into making some great laptops for all purposes whether for a business or gaming use, it never disappoints. This machine is packed with high-end specifications and delivers absolute powerful performance in every field. It is also lightweight in comparison with other 17-inch laptops and has lots of customization options available, depending on your need and budget.
Best 17-inch Laptop to buy in 2017 - Detailed comparison
The key benefit a 17-inch laptop holds is has a better and bigger screen with a better set of configurations. But that is not what you always need, to select a good laptop, it should have better performance with good hardware. The laptops were manufactured to increase the portability of a work station, as a 17-inch will be considerably heavier than a normal 15-inch or 13-inch laptop. So, a laptop with a lighter and thin chassis turns out to be an advantage of a great laptop. So to help you out while choosing your laptop, we are here with the list of 5 best 17-inch Laptop.
Top 5 17-inch Laptop by Editor's Choice
Processor, RAM, Storage, GPU
Prices & Details
Razer Blade Pro
Intel 7th-gen i7 (7820HK), 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD,
8GB GTX 1080
Dell Inspiron 17 7000 2-in-1
Intel 8th-gen i5 (8250U), 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD,
2 GB GeForce MX150
Intel 7th-gen i7 (7700HQ), 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD,
8 GB GTX 1070
HP ProBook 470 G4
Intel 7th-gen i7 (7500U), 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD,
2 GB GeForce 930MX
Intel 7th-gen i7 (7700HQ), 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD,
6 GB GTX 1060
What should you know before buying a Laptop
In the generation of daily changing tech, it gets really hard to choose a brand while buying a laptop. There are lots of companies which offers hardware at a low price but lacks the customer trust. The big brands like HP, Dell and Apple are among the favorites but costs much due to their service and great built quality. So here are some tips to help you buy the best laptop according to your need/usage. Before selecting a laptop you need to think carefully the purpose you need the laptop for before you come to a conclusion.
- First comes the screen size, there is no single perfect laptop. It depends on your requirements and the budget where picking a perfect size plays a major role. It is important because the whole chassis of the laptop depends upon the screen size of the laptop. A big 17-inch laptop will be great for documentation work and editing photos and also at gaming while a smaller screen size like 15 or 13-inch laptop will be great for portability as they are lightweight and good for office work.
- Secondly, the screen resolution depends on the kind of profession you hold. Although, the higher resolution doesn't mean everything; a higher resolution on a smaller screen tends to compress the text and files making it a bit difficult to use. However having a high resolution screen does have better display and viewing angles, the texts are smooth and easy to use. To exactly know the difference in screen resolution, we suggest you to visit a store and find out.
- Thirdly, the performance, the most important factor to choose a laptop. If you are buying a cheap laptop you at least need to have Intel i3 processor with 4 GB RAM in it. If you are video editor or gaming beginner, you need minimum of 8 GB RAM with Intel i5 or i7 processor to choose. And if you are a gamer or professional video editor who uses lots of multitasking, you should opt for 16 GB for a better performance. But with increasing RAM and CPU power, price also increase and electricity bill too (just saying).
The laptops are still excessively used even in the world of growing smartphones, smartwatches and tablets. Thus a good humble laptop is all we need to perform a lot work which a smartphone, or tablet can't do in a better way. A laptop/PC plays a major role in industries and office if either you are a developer or banker or a blogger (like us), it is hard to replace a laptop by a tablet/smartphone, due to its great functionalities and features.
- Another hardware which plays an important role is the Graphics. Although, these days most of the laptops come with integrated Intel HD Graphics but that's only good for general purpose. If you are a gamer or a professional graphics designer, you need a powerful Graphics Processing Unit made by either Nvidia or AMD.
- Battery is what which gives the juice to your machine to run. It is not every-time possible to get a seat near a power socket either in a train, bus or cafe. So if you are planning to travel, the small screen sized laptops will be ideal for you as they deliver a pretty good battery backup than a laptop with a bigger screen.
- Lastly, the storage, it is where you keep all your data and on which the booting speed of your Laptop depends. It is best if you have SSD as an option to increase your laptop's booting speed. But if you don't get a customization option, 7200 rpm HDD is also a good option. All if talking about the storage size, even a 2 TB HDD won't be enough for storing data as it increase with time. However, you should go for the maximum Storage Capacity available under your budget.
Final conclusion about buying best Laptop
A laptop is one of the basic needs of our daily life. Everyone needs the laptop whether you are a student or profession person. I know It's always hard to choose a laptop because there are many laptops of many brands they have different configuration also. So, if you are planning to get a laptop you must have clear your mind what configuration, purpose, the size you want.
We hope our guide helped you to find right Laptop for you. And ah, we will make sure to include any newly available options around the market as part of our regular updates with this piece. Till then, here’s us bidding adieu for today from this one.
Latest articles from our Laptop blog