Kodi which is the most popular media platform enables the user to access a large variety of online content for free. Here you can watch free movies, live tv channels and much more with ease. This alone cannot be used to watch online content but once you use Kodi addons the possibilities are limitless.
Kodi is an open source software so there are a lot of add-ons and builds available online. It is easy to set up and use but the problems and issues related to Kodi are not rare. You may often find Kodi not working situation. And it is not a pleasant situation. There can be a lot of reasons for Kodi addons not working.
Top Kodi Not Working Problems and How to Fix It
Let’s see the most common problems in Kodi
- No stream available
- Addons won’t delete
- Kodi buffering issues
- Kodi freezes during playback
- Kodi Exodus not working
- Kodi Crashes
there can be many other issues with Kodi that can be due to many different reasons, we are with the solutions to these problems. Try the methods described here to fix any type of problem with Kodi.
1. Kodi Exodus Not Working
Exodus is one of the most popular Kodi addons that consists of a large repository for free movies and other interesting content. But you might face many problems related to it. Here is how you can use to fix this issue.
Reinstall Exodus on Kodi
- To uninstall this addon start Kodi and go to settings > addons > My Addons > Video addons
- You will see the list of addons installed on your Kodi
- Click on Exodus and then click on Uninstall
- Now you can reinstall the addon
Follow the steps below to reinstall Exodus
- Start Kodi, go to Settings > System settings
- Click on Addons > unknown sources, enable it
- Now go to home page > settings > file manager> add-source
- in the URL section type “http://kdil.co/repo/“
- Type Kodi in the name section and click OK
- Now go to main menu > addons > package icon > install from Zip file
- Click on Kodil > OK
- Now go back and click on Install from repository > Kodil repository > Video addons > Exodus
- Click Install
If you are getting any issue with any other Kodi add-ons follow the same steps above.
2. Kodi Crashes Or is Unstable
Although Kodi is a robustly build software you may sometimes come across stability issues. The most common reason is related to operating system or software versions. The possible solutions are as follows.
Unfortunately, Kodi does not give you to update the software directly. To get the new version you can visit the official link. From there choose the OS for which you want to get the Kodi media player.
3. Kodi Hangs or is Too Slow
As there are a lot of third party addons used with Kodi it gets slow with the addition of too many addons and third party software. It also collects a lot of redundant cashed data that may slow your system too.
Delete Unused addons and repositories
- Start Kodi, go to addons > Box icon
- Click on My addons > All
- You will see the list of all installed add-ons
- Right Click on the addons that are unnecessary and click uninstall
- To delete the unused Kodi Repositories go to my addons > add-on repository
- You will get the list of all the repositories added to Kodi
- Right-click and uninstall the one that you do not want
Above are the most common Kodi not working problems. To solve the problems follow the steps as described here. If your issue is not resolved after that tell us by commenting here.